- Our Summer 2019 Theme is “Fantastic Adventures”! Each week is themed for a different adventure and fantasy. It means we will be writing songs and skits, creating art, conducting experiments, taking field trips, inventing games, building projects, and having a lot of fun! For ages 5-12!
- Bandelier Elementary
- Comanche Elementary
- Double Eagle Elementary
- Inez Elementary
- North Star Elementary
- Osuna Elementary
Summer Core Program
- Early Bird deadline: April 14th by midnight
- 3-Day Option $115/week
- 5-Day Option $135/week
- After April 13th:
- 3-Day Option $125/week
- 5-Day Option $145/week
- $174/week (Early Bird Registration before 4/14/19)
- $184/week (After 4/13/18)
- If you have a CYFD contract- Enrichment Camps cost $40 per camp, in addition to your monthly co-pay.
- Emotions to Motion! Pilar Alcazar
- June 10-14 @ Double Eagle
- Campers will develop gross motor skills, coordination, rhythm, and teamwork while learning the Merengue, Tango, Rumba, and Line-Dancing. They will also engage in playful games and activities throughout the day focusing on self-expression, social etiquette, storytelling, and meditation.
- Art - Kendyl Tucker
- June 24-28 @ Comanche
- Do you like to draw, paint or create? Come join the art class for all talents! Spend a week exploring the science and creativity art has to offer. We will make nature monsters, leaf rubbings, optical illusions, and explore the world of color.
- World Explorers - Carmen Prince-Morris
- July 15-19 @ Comanche
- Travel the world this summer, right in your own backyard! We’ll explore a different country each day through maker projects, traditional games, and authentic foods. Gain skills in woodshop, electronics, and textiles, while making projects like traditional houses, puppets, toys, and more from around the world. The week will culminate in an exciting culture expo for family and friends.
- Harry Potter, Jr. - Magdelene Gallegos-Dines
- July 29-August 2 @ Inez
- Alohormora! Leave the muggle world behind for a week this summer and join us while we unlock the secrets of Hogwarts. Our First and Second year Hogwarts students will be sorted into their houses, will learn the essentials of Quidditch, create wands, spell books, and so much more! Don’t miss your chance to play a part in this magical adventure specifically designed for the youngest fans!
- Sing, Sway, Dance & Play Roberta Stein
- June 3-7 @ Inez
- Campers will sing, dance, act, improvise, play instruments (marimbas, metallophones, recorders, piano, glockenspiels, and more!), and create their own music. The week will culminate in an original presentation of their own creative music-making!
- Weird Science • Britt Portman & Madison Ashcraft
- June 17-21 @ Osuna
- Join this exciting camp and experience rainbow tubes, vortex rings, boo bubbles, polymers, slime, dry ice investigations, and and more surprises!
- Maker Space • Carmen Prince-Morris
- June 10-14 @ North Star
- For kids who love to tinker, disassemble, invent and create! Campers can use hand tools for big wooden builds, learn to code, assemble circuitry, engineer mechanical devices, and learn the languages of robots. Introduce kids to science and technology in the world around them. It’s all fun and games until it gets messy…then it’s awesome!
- Cooking • Kendyl Tucker
- June 17-21 @ Comanche
- Do you want to impress your parents with your cooking skills? Come join the cooking class that integrates science and creativity into the art of cooking. We will make a solar oven, homemade bread, delicious snacks and learn the science behind our delicious creations!
- Flashmob! • Amanda Machon
- June 24-28 @ Bandelier
- Want to be part of something fantastic? Let’s make a flashmob! This isn’t your average dance class. Students will create a flashmob together, perform for the students at camp, and also have a field trip performance. If you’re all about the element of surprise, this is the club for you!
- Cardboard Couture • Carmen Prince-Morris
- July 8-12 @ North Star
- Explore the basics of fashion and costume design using cardboard and found objects as the primary medium. Embellish your custom couture pieces with wearable circuit designs and original 3D art creations. Collaborate with fellow campers to produce an end-of-week fashion show for friends and family.
- Harry Potter • Magdelene Gallegos-Dines
- July 15-19 @ Osuna
- Alohomora! Leave the Muggle world behind for a week this summer and join us while we unlock some of the secrets of Hogwarts. Students will get sorted into their houses, play Quidditch, create wands, spell books, and so much more! Don’t miss your chance to play a part in this magical adventure!
- Kids on Stage! - Musical Theater Workshop • Roberta Stein
- July 29-August 2 @ Double Eagle
- Campers will explore Broadway history, learn theatrical techniques, hone their performance skills, develop stage presence and work as a part of an ensemble. The week will culminate in a revue-style performance for family and friends featuring various song and dance numbers.
- Community Kids • Carmen Prince-Morris
- July 22-26 @ Bandelier
- Make a difference in your community. Travel by public transportation to a different organization each day: feed the homeless, make dog toys for the animal shelter, help the environment at the Rio Grande, and more. Be a part of a team, help those in need, and gain work experience!
We are open Monday through Friday from 7am-6pm.
We will be closed July 4th and Memorial Day.
You are welcome to bring your child to their summer program at any time. However, pay close attention to the Weekly Activity Calendar so they don’t miss out on great field trips or other fun activities!
During the morning and afternoon, our program is a mixed-age group. For the bulk of the day, children are divided into “cabins” based on their age.
Typically, children will either go swimming or enjoy water play twice a week. Additionally, children will enjoy weekly and/or biweekly field trips at no additional cost. Curriculum is theme-based and created by our staff and children ahead of time. Weekly Activity Calendars will be available for parents on site.
Snack and Lunch
We provide a morning and afternoon snack. Each child needs to bring a sack lunch every day that does not require refrigeration or heating. Sombra del Monte and Inez will be participating in the City of Albuquerque Free Lunch Program- beginning June 4th. You can sign up on-site.