Please watch this video about the culture of Children’s Choice and the hiring process before completing and submitting your application.
- Lead enrichment clubs, play sports, take field trips, make crafts, be goofy, have fun and be a good role model. Learn, play, and get paid for doing both!
- The caregiver position is part-time.
- The starting pay is $19.50/hr
- Plus paid holidays, paid planning time, paid preparation time, great training, and pay raises based on performance.
General Employment Qualifications
The basic role of everyone working at Children’s Choice is to facilitate the positive development of children.
- All staff working with children must maintain CPR and First Aid certifications. Children’s Choice schedules periodic courses.
- All staff working with children must pass a Criminal Records Background Check.
Specific Staff Qualifications
Lead enrichment activities, play games and sports, take field
trips, make crafts, be goofy, have fun and be a good role model. Learn, play, and get paid for doing both!
Caregivers Qualifications (Preferred)
Bachelor's Degree in a related field,
OR a Bachelor's Degree in an unrelated field with three months of experience,
OR two years of college with nine months of experience,
OR a HS Diploma with 18 months of experience,
The caregiver position is part-time. The group leader position is full-time in the summer.
The starting pay is $19.50/hr plus paid holidays, paid planning time, paid preparation time, and great training with pay raises based on performance.
Part-Time Benefits include:
- 8 paid holidays the first year,
- 9 paid holidays subsequent years,
- membership in the National Afterschool Association (upon request)
- paid planning time,
- paid preparation time,
- paid training,
- and more!
We have 11 program locations:
Arroyo Del Oso, Bandelier, Double Eagle, Georgia O'Keeffe, Hubert Humphrey, Inez, John Baker, Manzano Mesa, North Star, Osuna Elementary Schools, and Sombra Del Monte.
Staff placement decisions are made based on the best interests of the children and the program. Staff preferences for placement are granted whenever possible.
HOURS OF OPERATION
We operate from 7 AM—6 PM, M-F, whenever school is not in session. (excluding national holidays). A variety of staffing schedules are considered.